Wednesday, March 10, 2010

California Love!!

The monotony of winter life was KILLING me... endless runny noses, being couped up inside our teeny house, missing the sunshine!! So when my girlfriend in California, Kari, told me about her baby shower, I was like, "I'm OUTTA here!"

Before being married and having children, my travel partner was my sister Amy. We went everywhere together... From silly Mardi Gras and Cancun trips in college to more elaborate Europe trips as we got older -- we were ALWAYS together. As we got older are trips started to dwindle and the ones we did go on always included our hubbies. The reason I mention this, is she came with me to the shower in California and it was the first time in forever that it was just us! You should have heard the things we talked about on the plane. Since when is a 4 hour plane ride so much fun?!?

It was such a perfect girly weekend with my girls! Spa pedicures, shopping in adorable boutiques, lots of wine and lots of girl talk. (Well, Kari's husband Bob, is not a girl, but I consider him one of my girlfriends just the same. Will he kill me for saying that?)

"Pedicure on my Toes, Toes"
"Tryin' on all my Clothes, Clothes"

Shopping @ Farmers Market

Now, we all know that baby showers can be a little, well, how do you say it, baby shower-ish... But Kari's mom out did herself... It was so nice!
The best part -- the cupcakes!! (I am an ADDICT.)
The worst part -- decorating baby onesies... I am an engineer, people, not an artist!
Embarrassingly enough, Kari ended up "fixing" my onesie just make it decent. I can tell you for certain what Baby Girl won't be wearing this spring.

Pom-osas @ Shower


Stephen and Nonna held down the fort here while I was gone!! Thank you guys so much for letting me get a much needed break.

Nonna with Everyone But Ivy


P.S. Funny fact - I delivered my babies when I was 30 weeks and 5 days... Exactly how far along Kari was the day we got to California. Look at how CUTE she is. Besides cute, she was showing me aerobics moves to help strengthen your core... I couldn't even do them and I'm not pregs! !

P.P.S - Amy delivered her son at 30 weeks and 5 days too!

Kari - 30 weeks 6 days
Gorg!

8 comments:

  1. y'all are all so cute....who would look at you walking down the Cali streets and even imagine that you were the mother of FIVE babies???? So glad you could get away for some fun!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had SUCH A GOOD TIME with my girls!!!!! you forgot to mention what a fab mixter bob is -- this weekend, it was margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you were able to get away for a little girl time!! Very deserved girl time I might add!
    You all look beautiful and sounds like it was a wonderful trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Here's a blog that serves for your spiritual needs, and will surely be a blessing for you.

    It has messages from the Holy Scriptures, taught by the Spirit of God.

    These messages teach us how to have God in all the aspects of our lives and have God's rule over every matter:

    www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed reading and gladly write back if you need any prayer help.

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo Glad you came!! It meant so much to me! "Pedicure on my toes, Toes!" or how could you forget... "you are a DI-NO-SA-UR, you are a dinosaur! rrrarrrr!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. regarding the farmer's pic...
    1) I will NEVER leave the house again without SOME sort of lipstick. and
    2) I have never seen Aim smile like that but it was familiar... then I realized Aiden smiles like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is that smile?? it's a scary smile on my face. never again will i not look at a picture before we move on from the photo op! bob should have cut it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS