Saturday, April 6, 2013

45 Years!!

Dear Dad and Mom --

I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it is to be your child!! To be a part of this amazing family that you two have built... To watch year after year how you deal together with all that life throws your way (and it's been a lot!) and get stronger and stronger because of it...  To want to mold my own life and marriage after what I see.

Here are just a few things that I have learned from you guys:

-Stand up for each other no matter what.
-Love each other unconditionally... ugly faults and all.
-Say "I love you," "I'm sorry" and "I forgive you" often.
-Love the Lord first and foremost.
-Do the right thing, no matter the cost.
-Make your home a haven... full of love, security and fun.
-Dance when you have the chance.
-Be loyal.
-Drink wine.

You've always said that the greatest gift you can give your child is to love each other... Now that I am old enough, I really get it and I believe it!  Thank you for giving us that!

Happy 45th!!  I love you with all of my heart!
Elle

Nain and Papa


My sweet romantic dad buys my mom 1 red rose for every year that they are married!  This is what 45 look like!!  Is 8 years too late for me to start some tradition like this?!?


Flashback to 25th Anniversary!


P.S. And lest you think they are perfect, I will divulge a secret...  my mom becomes insanely furious when my dad eats the entire box of her weight watchers fudge bars... in one sitting.


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Ellen! Everything you've learned from them and just who they are is amazing! Derek and I especially enjoyed the fudge bar comment. Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS